International Women’s Day (March 8) is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating women’s equality.
International Women’s Day (IWD) has occurred for well over a century, with the first IWD gathering in 1911 supported by over a million people. Today, IWD belongs to all groups collectively everywhere. IWD is not country, group or organization specific.
International Women’s Day is celebrated on the 8th of March every year around the world. It is a focal point in the movement for women’s rights.
Date: Sunday, 8 March, 2020
Significance: Civil awareness day; Women and girls day; Anti-sexism day; Anti-Discrimination Day
“You have faced adversity through resilience. You have disarmed your problems through smile. You have buried your tribulations in your heart. What else can I ask from you…Just enjoy this Day.” – Happy International Womens Day 2020!
“A beautiful woman draws strength from troubles, smiles during distress and grows stronger with prayers & hope. Send this to a beautiful woman. I just did!” Wishing you a very happy woman’s day!
“A woman can make happiness bloom all around them!” – Happy Women’s Day!
Women’s Day 2020 Quotes
- “A woman’s guess is much more accurate than a man’s certainty.” – Rudyard Kipling
- “A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman. But the search to find that voice can be remarkably difficult.” – Melinda Gates
- “I believe that it is as much a right and duty for women to do something with their lives as for men and we are not going to be satisfied with such frivolous parts as you give us.” – Louisa May Alcott
- “A charming woman doesn’t follow the crowd. She is herself.” – Loretta Young
- “Being a woman is a terribly difficult task, since it consists principally in dealing with men.” – Joseph Conrad
- “A woman is like a tea bag – you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The trouble with some women is they get all excited about nothing and then they marry him.” – Cher